About Me

My photo
I long to glorify Christ with my life! i seem to fail more than succeed but thats why his grace is so amazing!

Saturday, January 21, 2012

The winds of change they are a blowin


Who likes change? What percentage of the population of the entire earth prefers constant change over stability and familiarity? We are fine with the seasons changing. We are fine with changing of age (mostly because of birthday presents). We are fine with changing our hairstyle. But who is really excited about major life changes? Death. Loss. Job change. Financial set back. Illness. Would I be correct in assuming most people like change as long as its positive and beneficial?

Do I want to leave the only place I've ever lived? No. Do I want to move far away from my family? No. Do I want to up root my children and put them in new situations and environments that scare them and make them nervous? No. Do I want to be put in new situations and environments that make me nervous? No. Do I want to leave friends that I've known for many many years? No. Do I want to leave places where God is using me? No.

Who in scripture ever experienced the fullness of God without major life changes? Joseph? Nope, sold into slavery by his brothers? David? Nope, Goliath. Gideon? Nope, his army went from tens of thousands to a few hundred. Mary? Nope, pregnant out of wedlock. Paul? Nope, blinding light, jail, shipwrecked? Abraham? Nope, raising a sword to kill his own son. Moses? Nope, burning bush, Pharaoh, wilderness w the Israelites.

For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago. (Ephesians 2:10 NLT)

God has things that he has planned for me and my family. Things that He planned before the foundation of the earth. Things that bring Him glory. Things that will draw the lost and broken to Himself. Things that will leave a mark on this world. Things that will change the course of my children's lives. Things that will draw me closer to Him. Things that will allow me to see MORE of who He is. Things that will impact eternity. Things that will further His Kingdom.

So, in the midst of the fear, I will change. In the midst of the unknown, I will change. In the midst of the anxiety, I will change. So that I CAN do the things he has planned for me to do.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment