About Me

My photo
I long to glorify Christ with my life! i seem to fail more than succeed but thats why his grace is so amazing!

Friday, September 18, 2009

1st update of Reese


Reese is the name that we chose for this sweet baby girl. Her Thai name is Raronrun, yea thats what we thought too. That may not work well here in the ol USofA much less Arkansas. So Reese it is. The Jury is still out on her middle name.
About 6-8 weeks after we recieved her referral we got another update. We were blown away at how much she had changed. She wasn't a baby anymore she was a toddler.
We have been able to send her little packages with small gifts and a photo album with family pictures in it. She turned 1 on July 26th so we had a little birthday party for her. The guests were me, Daren, Hudson and Max. we decorated with a pink table cloth and pink plates with pink cupcakes. We got her a baby doll and an interactive tea set. After we all shared what we were excited about concerning Reese we prayed for her and ate her hot pink cupcakes.
When i try to imagine what it is going to be like traveling to get her and then bringing her home i get lost in my thoughts and overwhelmed because its hard to imagine. I have nothing to compare this to. The journey of adoption is just that a journey. My faith has been stretched my prayer life has deepened and God has shown me so much about myself and Him that i never knew. It has been exciting, heartbreaking, joyful, emotional, rewarding, scary, refreshing, nerve wracking and fun. I'm not doing it justice with my descriptions but if you want to be apart of God's glory this is an awesome way .

No comments:

Post a Comment