About Me

My photo
I long to glorify Christ with my life! i seem to fail more than succeed but thats why his grace is so amazing!

Thursday, September 24, 2009

OH MY GOSH!

So this morning i was being lazy. I got up and started getting Hudson ready for school and then tag-teamed Daren and he drove him to school. I proceeded to get back in bed and lay there. Falling in and out of sleep I felt Max crawl in the bed with me and we both laid there wondering if we were going to sleep in on this rainey morning or get up and be productive. It was unanimous and staying in the bed won. After breakfast in bed, chai tea in bed, watching cartoons in bed, reading my Bible in bed and checking my facebook and twitter in bed i finally got out of bed. I gave Max the "mommy's gonna get in the shower so dont do anything you are not supposed to do" spill. As i was heading into the bathroom the phone rang....it was the area code i had been waiting for! I answered and it was the sweet lady from Holt adoption agency and she called with great news! She told me that it had been confirmed for us to be at the Oct 21st meeting in Thailand. I believe my response was "OH MY GOSH!" We covered a few topics about traveling and expected dates to arrive and leave, things of that nature and that was it.

So after 20+ months of waiting here we are 3 weeks away from meeting our baby girl. I cant believe it. What is she going to look like in person? Is she going to like us or be scared to death of us? How will the foster family react to us? How will we be able to express our gratitude and thankfulness to them? What will Reese smell like? Will it freak her out that we cant communicate with her verbally? Will we have to hold her all the time or will she want to walk and explore? Will she even want us to hold her? Will she accept me? Will she accept Daren? Will our days in Thailand, my child native home, be filled with excitement and joy or pain and tears. How do you take in everything about the culture and beauty of the country in a few short days so that you can tell her about it for years to come?

I dont know the answer to any of these questions but i have a God who does! He created the universe and the galaxies and the stars and earth, the cells and atoms, protons and electrons. He created me and he formed me and He purposed me for this specific event! Before time existed He chose me to be the mother of a little girl born on the other side of the earth. How can I NOT trust someone who loves me and knows me so intimately?

I will never understand Gods love for me but i bet after holding Reese and making her a part of our family, that i will see His love in a new way. And that is what i long for!

No comments:

Post a Comment